Concise guidelines for stroke management
The Foundation has developed concise versions of the Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management. These discipline-specific summary recommendations are designed to help health professionals implement those aspects of the guidelines directly related to their discipline.
- Concise Guidelines Dietetics
- Concise Guidelines General Practioners
- Concise Guidelines Nursing
- Concise Guidelines Occupational Therapy
- Concise Guidelines Physiotherapy
- Concise Guidelines Psychology
- Concise Guidelines Social Work
- Concise Guidelines Speech Pathology
While the summaries focus on a specific discipline, stroke care is most effective when all members of the team work in an interdisciplinary and coordinated way.
Important caveats to the recommendations are included in the preamble to each section in the Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Managment 2010. Please refer to the full guidelines for more detail and the specific research that underpins the recommendations and the designated NHMRC grades of evidence for each recommendation.
For more information contact: Kelvin Hill, Manager, Guidelines Program firstname.lastname@example.org